Sunday, November 4, 2018

IT AIN'T TODAYS

IT AIN'T TODAYS




STORY BEHIND
I am pretty much sure that everyone must have experienced a gloomy day, a paused period in our life; an instant where everything around is stagnant and not moving at all. I used to get tons of those feeling; sensation which brands our life insignificant and all we want at that second is to give up on this life.
If our life story is going to conclude with the classic line ‘happily ever after’, then death must be what folks usually refer as happily ever after in every story. DEATH; a notion of reality that guarantees us that everything is going to end; sorrow, happiness, possessions and most notably our body. It always gave me a diverse kind of pleasure since childhood whenever I think about death; but it was only in my college days that I got thoughtful and tried to comprehend that pleasure in depth.
‘Can I try death now?’ my first and last query in the quest of understanding that feeling; and perhaps the beginning of this song called, “IT AIN’T TODAY”; a song in dedication to all the semi colons I have used in this writing; a point where we all feel that it should be the end, but in we have little more to write; lets us put semi colons in our life too and move on, for we have billions of reasons to be alive than to put a period in our sentence.



When life gets gloomy and there is dullness everywhere

I gotta be brave to shout out and say
I’m gonna give up, give up on this life; but it ain’t today

I gotta see the fireworks lighting up my sky
I gotta hear some more hello and some more goodbye
I gotta climb the highest mountain, gotta swim in the clearest blue.
Gotta hug some people, gotta kiss a few.
I gotta be brave to shout out and say
I’m gonna give up, give up on this life but it ain’t today

Rangin geet haru ma naach nu chaa
Yet to dance in the colorful days
Sapana haru maan bitra schaah nu cha
Gotta preserve dreams within my heart
Saathi bai haru sanga haas nu cha
Gotta laugh with my joyful friends
Ajai ek din malai baach nu chaa
I gotta live one more day
I gotta be brave to shout out and say
I’m gonna give up, give up on this life; but it ain’t today










No comments:

Post a Comment

IT AIN'T TODAYS

IT AIN'T TODAYS STORY BEHIND I am pretty much sure that everyone must have experienced a gloomy day, a paused period in ...