Saturday, August 11, 2018

NIANO OOCHEN (Cozy Bed)


NIANO OOCHEN
(Cozy Bed)




“Lalit, aren’t you late for home?” that signaled more of a deriding statement than a question. With bit of laughter another friend added, “We are all going to get a nice whipping today.” “Well, I am just going get scolding, that’s all.” Responded another friend perhaps with much arrogance of how lenient his parents were. I just responded with a smile to all and thought that was sufficient. I seized a glance at the huge wall clock in that restaurant and it was nearly nine pm. I know what you thinking now, that isn’t fairly late at all. Well, I should have started this story slight differently with the preliminary sentence that every story that I read as a kid started with, ‘Once upon a time….’    Well I was just a class six student enjoying Saturday evening or perhaps night with my football team mates. And we weren’t drinking or smoking when I say enjoying the night. Few plates of momos and cup of tea enclosed by jovial friends was plenty to get us high to even overlook the flying time back then.
The gathering was over shortly and we were heading to our respective homes. Since, reactions of our parents in the times of our disobedience was the last matter that we spoke on so through the complete journey I was occupied with that thought. When I reached home, I was more curious in their reaction than being scared.  But to my outmost amazement, their reaction was neither more nor less than any other ordinary days. I couldn’t understand if it was their anger, lover or method to deal with the situation and make me understand on my own and perhaps I will not understand that until I take the character of being parents myself one day. Since that event I developed peculiar observation routine of my parents reactions whenever I misbehaved or did something wrong.
One thing I realized from all that it is certainly throbbing to receive a whipping and there was something enchanted in scolding that would fill the individual with tears and extra pain. But it hurts the most when they respond normally and deep inside you know what you did is something wrong and they are hurt.
It was only when I got face to face with the punitive reality of life I understood how hard my parents tried to make me had the coziest sleep in the bed full of thrones.

NIANO OOCHEN

Chatang Jari Badal thami rahai chu,
I am clutching the thunderous cloud of storm,
hu uurney akash ujalo hos bhaneyraa.
So he has the brightest sky to soar.
Dunga ghari kara bicha duli rahai chu,
I am trudging over the harsh rocks,
hu dulney saahar ramailo hos bhaneyraa.
So he has the coziest city lane to travel

Dukhai dukha ko bijauney yo oochen ma,
In this aching bed crammed with sorrow,
niano mitho sapana diney aasa.
I hope to give him the most beautiful dream.

Santostri oori sutna khojdai chuu,
I am asleep with the shrillest blanket of contentment
wusko naino neendra na bikros bhaneyraa.
So that his dreams won’t be troubled
Andhairo ma thokindai hindaichuu,
I am rambling though the darkest hour
hu ujalo din ma ankha chimli basos bhaneyraa.
So he can sit tranquil in the sunniest day with eyes closed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

IT AIN'T TODAYS

IT AIN'T TODAYS STORY BEHIND I am pretty much sure that everyone must have experienced a gloomy day, a paused period in ...